Tuesday, April 26, 2022

WednesdayBookClub: Slow But Steady

*Originally posted 10/21/20 on Observationdeck.kinja.com 

 Hello, all and welcome to WednesdayBookClub, everyone! This week has been an eventful one with some new things opening up. But before we get into that, Let’s do Book Club




So this week,.I read Tristan Strong Punches A Hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia which was...A lot. I mean that in the best ways, it was like an 80s fantasy movie and Spiderverse had a Black baby but there were just moments that had me staring out the window. For example, when Tristan lands in the alternate world, there is unrest and people are getting snatched up by these magical manacles and taking them on this boat that just holds no hope or joy. YEP!! It wasn’t triggering or anything but it was just a “TOO REAL, MY DUDE” moment, you know? I highly recommend it though. Seriously, go read this.

Nothing on the book reading agenda but a question for the book club: I’m looking for remote work and I have a Lynda account (Thanks, Library!). Any advice of courses/new employment?

ADVERTISEMENT

Now onto you all, what have you read this week? Also, with the US election drawing closer, I got an extra Void-O-Matic on hand for all of your screaming needs! Stay safe, y’all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of WednesdayBookClub

Welcome!  My name is GJ and this is my blog! This is just a quick intro/ history of for any newcomers