Tuesday, May 23, 2023

WednesdayBookClub: Homestretch

Welcome to another book club, gang! I hope everyone's had an uneventful past week. Just wanted to mention the Kickstarter for the book anthology I'm in. We're in the last week for it and we're $350 away from our goal!! If you've pledged anything, thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you'd like to help out, please, please, PLEASE share the link for the kickstarter. It helps more than you know. Thank you. 


Also, LOOK AT HOW PRETTY THE COVER IS!! 




So in between panicking about the kickstarter, I've been panicking about how I haven't been reading lately despite all of the book-reading apps I have. So I did the most logical thing: I went to the library and grabbed even more books. 


Shut up, I know that was dumb BUT I needed a specific book there and my sister actually brought it up first. What was I supposed to do, not go? So I grabbed two books on sewing, a couple of comics, and a few others.


One of the comics I picked up was Varian Johnson's Mister Miracle miniseries. I was looking for something else when I saw it. I hadn't heard of it but I saw Mister Miracle a saw a Black kid on there so grabbed it. Y'all, it's not Shilo Norman, it's SCOTT!! It's set during his school years on Apokolips before he breaks out and shows how he met Barda. I'm about 60% in and having fun. It's not as "Screw subtext" of Kirby's OG run but I have hope.


I'm about 30% into my ARC audiobook of A Novel Disguise by Samantha Larsen. It's so much book and I love it. It's like Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead but with a mystery and an icky rector. It's not as fun as I hoped but I'm rolling with it because I need to know how it ends. Also, POC are in it! 


What about you all? Anything good this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of WednesdayBookClub

Welcome!  My name is GJ and this is my blog! This is just a quick intro/ history of for any newcomers