Tuesday, April 23, 2024

WednesdayBookClub: Indie Bookstore Day Approaches!

Another week, another book club, everyone! Just a friendly reminder that this Saturday is Independent Bookstore Day in the US so if you can, go support your local indie bookstore. Go buy something, shout them out on social media, tell people that your area has a local indie and how important they are!





So with that said, let's talk about books



So I'm about 60% into In Which Margo Halifax Learns the Value of Restraint. Having fun with this because it illuminates new things from the first book as there's more overlap than I had anticipated. I also like the characters and very curious about where things are gonna go from here.

I'm still only about 15% into The Murder of Mr. Wickham. Tragically Wickham is still alive but I'm enjoying that about half of the house party has beef with him. Not sure how Baby Tilney and Darcy Jr. end up investigating but I'm willing to rock with it

As for When No One Is Watching, I started it the other day and I don't know if it's my mood or the book's tone but I'll have to try later. I love the narrator of the audiobook and Cole's writing but it's hitting closer to home than I'd like. I keep seeing areas in my city where they're clearing out fields for more warehouses and it deeply bugs me. Maybe later, book.

Still haven't gotten started on my ARC. Brain has been wonky.


What about you all? Anything good this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of WednesdayBookClub

Welcome!  My name is GJ and this is my blog! This is just a quick intro/ history of for any newcomers