Wednesday, January 11, 2023

WednesdayBookClub: 1/11/23

Welcome to this week's book club, everyone!! In honor of one book clubber tagging me in this yesterday and me walking to 46 texts about the Bad Batch this morning, this feels like a fitting image for this week's book clubs. 





Let's get started. 

So this week, I'm reading one of the ARCs I got, Keep Dancing, Lizzie Chu and oof. Okay, so Lizzie is a 12YO Chinese Scottish girl living with her grandfather, Wai Gong. Her grandmother died within the past year so she's trying to take care of the house and him. I barely got within 10 pages into the book before getting hit with the realization that Wai Gong has memory problems. I don't know if it's Alzheimer's or dementia but it's there and neither of them knows it yet. UGH, IT ALREADY HURTS!!  I'm 25% in and I've already cried twice.

I'm also trying to get back into the audiobook for Tristan Strong Keeps Punching while I knit. I've restarted it to make sure I remember everything going forward but I've caught a few glimpses into where this book is going (Like, literally, they go to my local zoo in the book and IT'S TIME TO TALK ABOUT THE MEMPHIS MASSACRE, KIDS!!) 

What is with the middlegrade books completely destroying my heart? Have I gotten soft since I was that age or are these kids metal AF now? (Both are likely).

I'm also reading the ARC for Georgie All Along by Kate Clayborne but I'm literally only 3 pages in. Clayborne is a new-to-me writer but I've heard great things. 

So what about you all? Anything good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of WednesdayBookClub

Welcome!  My name is GJ and this is my blog! This is just a quick intro/ history of for any newcomers