Tuesday, March 14, 2023

WednesdayBookClub: 3/15/23

Hello and welcome to WednesdayBookClub, everyone! How are my US peeps surviving Daylights Saving? BTW, I think this is the first time I realize that our weird little book club counts as international and that's pretty dope! Thanks!




So this week, I'm reading Jodie Slaughter's Play to Win. It's a second-chance romance between two childhood sweethearts It's a Black romance and glob, it's both healing and hitting on my insecurities. I love it because there's so much that feels so familiar and at home to me (The phrase Black Roll Bounce Mr. Darcy made me cackle and swoon). I love how this hits on how toxic masculinity very much hurts everyone, not just women.


Yet, I've been itching to get back into writing but UGH, I'm never gonna write anything as good and "authentic" as this! Yes, authentic is a nonsense word but that's logical, it's not hitting the emotional bit of my brain, you know? It's a thing I've always wrestled with


I haven't gotten back into Killers of a Certain Age. Will hopefully get back into it and decided if I've actually crossed into the "Wanting to go along this journey" territory in this book. I think I'm about 50% in and I'm still wanting to know how it ends. Which is fine but it's not propelling me. We'll see.


What about you all? Anything good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of WednesdayBookClub

Welcome!  My name is GJ and this is my blog! This is just a quick intro/ history of for any newcomers