Friday, June 16, 2023

GJ Reviews "The Improbable Tales of Baskerville Hall" by Ali Standish

Thank you to NetGalley and Harper Collins Children's Books for giving me an advanced copy. All thoughts and opinions are my own!





DNF at 15%. I wanted to like this book. I love a good MG adventure, especially one with a diverse cast of characters. I actually requested it because I'm hoping to write one of my own one day. But I got to chapter 8 and had to let it go. The writing was too fast and melodramatic to me. Even more frustrating is that I like high emotions and melodrama but those moments are just cut too short and we're rushed off to the next thing. I didn't feel like I had a moment to breathe and absorb.


At 15% of the book, I have no idea who Arthur is as a character other than he's observant and he loves his family. I had no real attachments to him or what happened to him. Which is a shame because there's great potential here.



TW: Brief child endangerment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of WednesdayBookClub

Welcome!  My name is GJ and this is my blog! This is just a quick intro/ history of for any newcomers