Tuesday, June 6, 2023

WednesdayBookClub: 06/07/23

Hello and welcome, everyone, to WednesdayBookClub! I hope everyone is staying safe and taking care of their health. I know that more areas are feeling the effects of the Canadian wildfire so stay safe and keep our northern friends in mind, yall. 




So this week, I read Neil Gaiman's The Eternal series and meh? It's 7 issues long and it's a good setup for more Eternals but that's all it kinda did for me. The last page is literally two characters off on their next mission. I don't really feel like I know the characters. That said, that might be my issue with Gaiman's work? I've only read Neverwhere but there's just something about his work that I have a hard time gelling with. It's hard to explain. It's probably me though.


I liked the setup though. I'm trying not to compare it to the movie when I haven't even seen it but I can say that I like the idea of "Amnesiac Guardians" more than "Desolusioned godlike being". 

I also have Knauf's Eternals run too so we'll see if I actually like this group or if I'm irrationally attached to them because of Jack Kirby (It's probably this one).


I also got approved for another ARC. So I'm slowly being buried by books and it's because of my own hubris. Seems fitting 


So what about you all? Anything good?





No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of WednesdayBookClub

Welcome!  My name is GJ and this is my blog! This is just a quick intro/ history of for any newcomers