Tuesday, July 11, 2023

WednesdayBookClub: 07/12/23 Sleepy Edition

Is it just me or is this week really tiring? Like, more than usual? Maybe it's because people have finally stopped with the fireworks but I've been really sleepy this week.


Anyway, another week, another book club!





First off, happy release day to Play To Win by Jodie Slaughter. I read this a few months ago and enjoyed it. I'm very curious about what she's gonna do with the third book. (Also curious if they're gonna pre-approve me for an ARC for that too)


This week, I'm about 25% into Fatality and Flowers (The title is too long to type) and can confirm that both flowers and fatalities have happened! I'm enjoying that they're not making the FMC "Not like other girls" and not completely oblivious to the world at large. There are a lot of names being thrown at me but that might be my inability to remember names thing. It is my kryptonite when it comes to audiobooks. 


I also requested (I KNOW, DON'T JUDGE ME!) and picked up Charlotte Stein's When Grumpy Met Sunshine and having a blast with it. Stein has some writing quirks that's kinda confusing me but otherwise, good stuff! I'm about 25% into that as well. 


What about you all? Anything good? Friendly reminder that just because it's Prime Day, you still should shop locally because Amazon bookshops are the worst!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of WednesdayBookClub

Welcome!  My name is GJ and this is my blog! This is just a quick intro/ history of for any newcomers