Tuesday, July 4, 2023

WednesdayBookClub: 7/5/23 TO THE LIFEBOATS!!

Hello, everyone! So it seems like this might be the Big One regarding Twitter, which SUCKS. I fully intend to go down with the boat so book club will still be posted on twitter until I can no longer do it/most of the people I tag is on another site. Until then, here's my linktree so y'all can find me. 


With that bummer out of the way, ONWARDS TO BOOK CLUB! 





So this week, I wrote my review of West Heart Kill. The full review is here but TLDR, I gave up because of one of the writing styles. It might work better as an audiobook but I didn't like the vibes as I was reading it. 


I'm currently reading the ARC for Charlotte Stein's When Grumpy Met Sunshine. I'm about 20% in and it's so good and I'm super excited for where this is gonna go. Also, thank you, Stein, for putting the trigger warnings at the beginner. Not necessarily because they were MY personal triggers but because it makes it a lot easier for me to remember what triggers to list. YAS!

I'm also about 10% into A Botanist's Guide to Flowers and Fatality. We're at the "infodump about what happened in the last book" phase. It wouldn't be bad if A. I had read the first book and B. I wasn't the worst at remembering names but alas. I'm still hopeful about it, though. 


What about you all? Anything good?


No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of WednesdayBookClub

Welcome!  My name is GJ and this is my blog! This is just a quick intro/ history of for any newcomers