Tuesday, July 18, 2023

WednesdayBookClub: 07/19/23

 Hello, everyone! I hope everyone is staying cool and hydrated during this current heat wave in North America. Glob, I can't wait until the temperature drops cuz I can't do this much longer. This book club is a little weird because I'm writing it Tuesday afternoon instead of Tuesday night because I have IRL friends coming over. 




Yes, I have IRL friends, shut up....On to book club!



I'm about 70% into Flowers and Fatalities. I'm enjoying the pacing and how while Saffron, our FMC has most of the narration, we occasionally jump into Lee's (The MMC? The sidekick?) POV. Saffron is a good mix of gumption and a straight man. I also like how she's not completely clueless but still has much to learn. Not sure how I feel about the idea of them as a couple, though.


I'm about 60% into When Grumpy Met Sunshine and this book is gonna make me feral, I swear. I know that the description makes you think of Roy from Ted Lasso but the MMC also has early Gilmore Girls Luke Danes vibes and UGH, IT'S SO GOOD. I'm making sure I pace myself instead of just rushing through. I'm gonna try to have both finished by the end of the week so NG can stop sending me passive-aggressive emails about my "checklist".

Oh, and I paused my Scrib'd subscription for a while because I haven't been using it. Before you applaud me for my self-control, know that I'm back on KU. It wasn't my fault, they were throwing deals at me. 


What about you all? Anything good?


No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of WednesdayBookClub

Welcome!  My name is GJ and this is my blog! This is just a quick intro/ history of for any newcomers