Tuesday, September 5, 2023

WednesdayBookClub: 09/06/23

 *Wipes off sweat* Welp, summer has more or less ended, gang.  It was nearly 100 degrees Fahrenheit Tuesday but I do see the subtle changing of the guard.


I'm definitely excited about colder weather but something is making me slightly reluctant about it. Not sure what though. Anyway, ONWARDS TO BOOK CLUB! 




This week has been me playing catch up on things so I haven't read much but I did finish Lion in the Valley. It's not my favorite Amelia Peabody so far. The ending was pretty clunky but it's definitely not stopping me from continuing with the series. I adore the audiobook narrator, Susan O'Malley. She's so much of why I love the books.


I'm also reading Andrea Vernon and the Superhero-Industrial Complex. I'm enjoying it thus far but I know that this is kinda the Empire Strikes Back of the series so I have conflicting emotions going into it. I'm about 20 percent in and SIDE NOTE: I know the writer, Alexander C Kane, is a white guy but two Black characters (Granted, one is a Raven-woman hybrid but still) bonding over how they prefer The Wire over Breaking Bad just feels very Black. I salute you, my dude. 


Still in The Blonde Identity and I'm finishing this book this week, dang it. I'm tired of not reading it. 


What about you all? Anything good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of WednesdayBookClub

Welcome!  My name is GJ and this is my blog! This is just a quick intro/ history of for any newcomers