Tuesday, October 10, 2023

WednesdayBookClub: 10/11/23

Welp. Another week of chaos, another book club. I hope everyone's had a good week of reading. If you didn't because of *Waves hand in general direction* I completely understand.





Okay, so I've given up on Bringing Down the Duke. I went into the book expecting many hijinks and a compelling read aaaaaand.....Nope. Maybe 2 mini hijinx and getting bored of reading about a couple that really wants to kiss (And more stuff) but can't for reasons. I got about 40% in and I didn't even get a good trauma dump session!! So after ranting at my mom and in MythBri's DMs, I decided I needed a proper unhinged read so I went to a known favorite, Tessa Dare...


I finally read When a Scot Ties the Knot and there was much hijinks!! The book is about Madelyn who has horrible social anxiety and rather than endure a public debut, does the regency version of the Canadian Boyfriend maneuver (only he's a Scottish soldier) and writes her "betrothed" letters for 6 years. Only for some Scottish soldier to show up at her house to marry her!


We had hurt/comfort, we had trauma bonding, we had a reclining Scotsman reading Jane Austen. It's great. Not my favorite of hers but it definitely reminded me to finish reading her works. Not sure what I'll read next though. 


What about you all? Anything good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of WednesdayBookClub

Welcome!  My name is GJ and this is my blog! This is just a quick intro/ history of for any newcomers